February 27th - March 17th, 2017
Sanctuary Brooklyn took place at The San Damiano Mission, a Roman Catholic Church located at the crossing of Williamsburg and Greenpoint in Brooklyn. The Mission welcomes all people regardless of faith. During the span of Sanctuary, the church was open daily as a creative sanctuary. Produced in affiliation with The Armory Show and The Lot Radio.
See the full schedule for details.
- Artist, Sebastiaan Bremer, at work daily and his studio
- Tube, an installation by Lee Boroson
- An immersive site-specific installation fusing sound and image titled, Confessional: Turn to Moss, by Josephine Wiggs, Sebastiaan Bremer, Bill Swartz, Rob De Mar and Mark Bero
- A sculptural intervention by Rob De Mar, created on site
- New sculptural work by Fred Tomasselli
- A unique multi-media installation by Raemann
- I Want to Know Your Ghost by Laura Stein